Green Thumb Lawn & Landscaping provides a mulching service for complete lawn care and protection of your plants. Mulch is a layer of material that is applied around the stems of your plants. At Green Thumb Lawn & Landscaping we use shredded hardwood mulch.
Why it is necessary to apply mulch:
- Helps maintain the soil moisture during the period when the plants do not need much water.
- To maintain a cool soil during the summer and warm soil during the cold winter months.
- Improves soil structure by decomposition of organic matter added to the soil, which provides additional nutrients.
- Prevents transmission of soil diseases.
- Improves aeration, water absorption and helps the moisture stay in the soil.
- Suppresses the growth of annual weeds.
We apply shredded hardwood mulch towards the beginning of the growing season and are often reapplied as necessary. We also do mulching at the beginning of the winter to sustain the soil warmth thus protecting the bulbs of your flowers. Count on our professionalism and knowledge. Entrust your lawn in the capable hands of the most reputable lawn care company in Laurel, MD.
Call us now: (301) 814-7535